Austin is a truly world-class city, and on the surface it may seem like an expensive one. But the truth is that the city is full of amazing opportunities that won't break the bank. Sure, if you're dining out every evening, paying entry fees to exclusive events, and trying every one of the latest must-sees that seem to pop up weekly, things might get pricey. But it's even easier to enjoy the city on a budget. If you're low on ideas, here are 27 hints that will spark your imagination and motivate you to explore ATX in thrifty and nifty ways.
1) Take a dip at a local pool
2) Find a sparkling swimming hole
3) Go for a city or wilderness hike
4) Explore Austin's free museums
5) Discover art & science synthesis at Art.Science.Gallery.